Monday, December 1, 2014

Fall Adventures

We had a number of adventures this fall but none of them was long enough for its own post, so I thought I'd combine them all together.

Some friends invited us to their Halloween party/scavenger hunt.  Sarah decided that she was going to be a Dalmatian with her bathrobe and initially thought about having me be a fireman.  After struggling to find a cheap fireman costume online, it hit me - I could be Roger from 101 Dalmatians.  I still had the fedora I had borrowed from our murder mystery date and it was a perfect excuse to be able to buy a toy pipe.  (Sarah thinks that I enjoyed the pipe a little bit too much.)
  

Over the summer one of my mission companions moved to Allen, Texas (a suburb of Dallas) with his family to expand his business.  In October, we drove down one Saturday morning and spent the day with them, catching up and reminiscing.  He has three kids and we enjoyed playing with the older two (the youngest will be having his birthday soon).  Part of the day was spent at a park that has a maze in the shape of Texas where we played hide-and-seek.  I got a live action shot of Carson finding Sarah.
  

For Thanksgiving, we drove to St. Louis where we spent the holiday with the Slezaks (Sarah's aunt and uncle and their family).  I enjoyed a good game of football with Terry, Anna and a bunch of guys from their stake on Thanksgiving morning followed by great food on Thanksgiving.  We went to the St. Louis temple with Kristie and Terry on Saturday morning and they gave us a family heirloom rocking chair that somehow fit in our car with our luggage.
  

The next adventure of the fall was that Sarah got a new job, which she started in January.  She now works at Quest Consultants, a consulting company that focuses on process safety and risk assessments.  She enjoys the shorter commute and being able to use her engineering skills and background.  Starting her new job meant that she would be leaving her old job (funny how that works).  I went up with her to help her clean out her office at OSU-OKC and got some final pictures in before she left.
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment