Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bear Lake

Our last weekend before school started, we went up to Bear Lake.  There were two reasons for the trip: (1) So Sarah could participate in the Bear Lake Brawl Triathlon with some family and friends and (2) so we could spend some time with Papa (her grandpa who lives at Bear Lake).

We had a blast, but I'm not sure what my favorite part was.  It could have been cheering my wife on as she completed her second triathlon.  It could have been my accomplishment of riding around Bear Lake (50 miles)on my bike before they started.  It could have been all the jokes I made about doing things with your "bear" hands since we were at Bear Lake or referring to anything else as "bear" that is really "bare."  It could have been the wicked farmer's tan that I got for forgetting to put sunscreen on my arms for my bike ride (I put in on my face, neck and legs).  It could have been riding the wave runners on the lake.  It could have been spending time with Papa or going to church with him.  Since there are so many options to choose from and I'm having a hard time, I let you decide your favorite, with a little help from some pictures.

Sarah in the back of Brenda's truck, getting ready to drive over to the triathlon start.

The Triathlon Crew - Brenda, Sarah, Matt (Sarah's cousin wearing the helmet) & Joe (Sarah's lab buddy)

Sarah finishing the bike portion of the triathlon.

Re-hydrating before the run.
(I don't have any pictures of her running because she was too fast.)

Nothing better than a Fat Boy to help you recover from your race.

The Happy Couple after triathlon or ride around Bear Lake.

Farmer's tan after bike ride.
(I'm not sure whether the wall paper or the farmer's tan is better.)

Everyone showing off what's left of their triathlon numbers or their new farmer's tan.

Me and Sarah with Papa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment