Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sarah's Graduation

I don't know how many of you receive the BYU Alumni Magazine or maybe see the fliers at church, but the advertisements for the Bachelor of General Studies always makes me think of Sarah and smile.  For those of you who haven't seen them, this is what the advertisements look like:
 
 
We've joked about it ever since we moved to Oklahoma, and sometimes wondered whether she really would be able to finish at home what she started at BYU, but after a total of nine years at BYU, including five years working on her Ph.D., Sarah finally graduated.  Excuse me, I should say Dr. Sarah finally graduated.  Initially, she would think of her father-in-law when she heard Dr. Brockbank, but I think she's getting used to it now.  (For those of you who don't know, she got a job teaching chemistry at Oklahoma State University - Oklahoma City.)

I didn't go out to watch Sarah's graduation, but I was able to get a quick summary from my mom's pictures.  So for those of you who didn't attend, here is the condensed version of Sarah's commencement ceremony.
  
  
  
  
  
Here is Sarah with her adviser, W. Vince Wilding.
 
 
Sarah with her parents and my parents.
  
 
I think this sign sums it up pretty well.
 
  
 
   
 
 
 
 
Congratulations Babe!  Way to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment