Sunday, March 2, 2014

Christmas Trip

Since it's the beginning of March, I decided it's probably about time for me to post the pictures from out trip out to Las Vegas and Utah for Christmas.  In terms of taking lots of pictures, we didn't do a great job, but we were able to spend time with those we love.  
(Mom, I want to make sure that you know I love you a lot even though we somehow managed to visit and not get a picture with you.  I'm sure you're a little disappointed that I haven't been the best about taking pictures in general, and on this trip in particular, not to mention that it has taken me forever to blog, but know that you're the reason I blog, and I appreciate that blogging for you gets me to document what is going on in our life so that I can have a record of our adventures - even if there aren't many of them.)

First up on our trip was a visit to Wes and Lisa in Las Vegas, where we had the opportunity to do a little bit of off-roading in the 1945 Willy's Jeep that Sarah and her brother Tyler bought from their grandpa a few years ago.
  
  
We both had a fun time driving it, although it took a little bit more coaxing to get Sarah to drive off the road. 
  
Next up was time with Sarah's girl friends, first in Vegas, then in Utah.
  
 
Sarah with Papa , Nana and Grandma Purcell
(We also visited the Brockbank and Prince grandparents, but somehow forgot to take pictures with them.)
  
With some of Sarah's Purcell and Alter cousins (and some of her siblings)
 
We enjoyed a trip with my parents and siblings to the BYU Museum of Art to see paintings of the Savior - a highlight for me that helped me to focus on the Savior during the Christmas season and into the new year. 
(We also somehow didn't get a picture of the time we spent playing games with family, probably because I was being too competitive to remember to take a picture, even though I lost yet again to my mom in Othello.  I guess I've passed the point where my parents let me win - it was fun while it lasted.)
 
Right before we left for the airport, we wanted to get a "super cute" picture with Gwen, and here it is.

It sure was a lot of fun to spend time with everyone, even though the time seemed to fly by (just like it has since we got back to Oklahoma).  If you can't wait for our next trip to you, feel free to take a trip and come visit us.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for blogging and thanks for acknowledging that I beat you in Othello! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete