Sunday, March 2, 2014

Puzzle

As I was looking through pictures after deciding to update our blog, I realized the lack of exciting things in our life, due to trying to figure out research ideas for me and Sarah teaching organic chemistry (which she hasn't used since she took the class at BYU so she ends up studying organic chemistry for more time than she spends teaching it).  

A quick story about Sarah teaching: I was playing basketball with some guys from our ward a couple weeks ago, and one of them is majoring in petroleum engineering.  I started asking him about school (assuming that he goes to OU) only to find out that is getting his associates degree at OSU-OKC (where Sarah teaches) before transferring to OU.  I asked him if he was taking chemistry and he said yes, and told me who his professor is.  He then said, "I've been meaning to ask you this.  The lead chemistry instructor there is Professor Brockbank.  Is that like your mom or your aunt or something?"

"No," I responded, "she's my wife."  (He had never seen her at school, only heard about her - only good things, I hope.)  We both had a good laugh about it, as did Sarah when I told her after getting home.

Anyway, back to the pictures (or lack thereof) that I found covering the time period from Christmas until now.  These were pretty much it - pictures of a puzzle of LaVell Edwards Stadium that my mom gave us for Christmas.  I hope she's happy to know that I actually did the puzzle and that it is still sitting on top of a dresser in our spare bedroom for all to see.
  
  
So, I put together puzzles, while my brother makes these.

1 comment: