Sunday, March 16, 2014

Relief Society Organization Reenactment

This last Thursday night, the Relief Society in our ward decided to do a reenactment of the first meeting when the Relief Society was organized in March 1842.  Sarah was asked to be one of the original members of the Relief Society (Elizabeth Jones), while I was asked to be John Taylor.  (For anyone who is interested, there is a script available online from an LDS blogger, taken mainly from Eliza R. Snow's notes, which our ward used.)

We had been asked a few weeks in advance so I decided to do a little research to see if I could find a portrait of John Taylor relatively close to this time period.

Thank you, LDS.org:
 
After a trip to the local Goodwill and a little bit of time with a razor, we were ready to go:
 
 
Here are some other pictures from the meeting, taken by a member of the Relief Society presidency:
  
 
 Sarah said that since I look kind of like a leprechaun, I could keep my new neck beard for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow.  

(I wasn't sure what to think when nobody at school on Friday said anything.  Either they didn't notice or they were too afraid to tell me how they really felt about it.  I'm leaning towards the latter.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment