Friday, December 30, 2011

Snowmobiling in West Yellowstone

My parents' Christmas present to our family was a trip up to West Yellowstone to go snowmobiling.  It was a ton of fun and I think all of us had a blast.
 
Here we are sitting on snowmobiles for the first time.
(Except for my dad, Sarah and me, who are seasoned pros)


 
 Mom & Gwen                                                Ben & Alyse


Brad & Blake                                                   Bryan & Sarah
 
Dad
   
A few pictures of us all lined up like sled dogs.
Like I've heard my dad say, "The view is only good for the lead dog."
Unfortunately, we were bringing up the rear.
We were also all very glad when my mom got the courage to go more than 15 mph.

Sarah posing on the snowmobile.
(That or Bryan is really good at running backwards in the snow with a camera.)
 
Someone said while we were up there that your eyes show if you're smiling.
So, which one of us is smiling?

I especially enjoyed the ride we took in the afternoon, going up into the mountains, 
getting to see some of the beauty of nature during the winter.
 
 
 
No snowmobiling adventure pictures would be complete without pictures taken while riding:
 
 
  
 
 
I wish we had stopped to take a picture of the pine trees that were frozen along the trail in one spot because they looked really cool, but we didn't.  This blurry one is the closest I got.
 
 I think we would all agree with my dad and give this two thumbs up!
(Even though it's hard to see his thumbs in this picture)
 
Thanks again Mom and Dad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment