Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fun in Freiberg


When we got to Freiberg at 5am, we found out that Feri and Róz's sealing wouldn't be until Wednesday afternoon, while I had thought it was going to be on Tuesday afternoon.  This normally wouldn't be a problem except I had bought our train tickets to Prague online and they were for a specific train, which left at 8:30am on Wednesday.

So, after we were done at the temple on Tuesday, we went for a nice walk around Freiberg, getting ourselves a Döner Kebab to eat (per the advice of Sarah's sister-in-law Amy, who served her mission in Germany, although Döner Kebab is Turkish), and we ended up at the train station.

Once we got to the train station, I asked if anyone spoke English.  The one cashier quickly pointed to the other, so we stood in her line.  I showed her the ticket I had bought online and told her that we would like to change to another train that left later on Wednesday.  She took the ticket and then started looking at stuff on her computer.  She then started mumbling to herself in German saying what I'm sure was something like "Hmm, this is not good.  This isn't going to work..."  This went on for about thirty minutes and then she was finally able to get the ticket changed for a mere 16 euros.  Not bad considering the ticket cost 120 euros to begin with and I didn't want to lose all of that.  Plus my hopes weren't extremely high after about twenty-five minutes of her mumbling to herself in German.

On our way back to the temple, we saw this sign and Sarah just had to take this picture:

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment