Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tatabánya


Tatabánya is the city that I opened at the end of my mission, and it is where I met Feri and Róz.  For those of you who don't know, they were the reason for our honeymoon to Europe as I had bought my ticket to go to their sealing before Sarah and I even started dating.  In terms of cities, Tatabánya doesn't have the historic appeal many European cities are known for.  In fact, it wasn't a city until 1956 (compared to Murray where I grew becoming a city in 1903) and due to that fact, it doesn't have much in terms of tourist appeal.  Many Hungarians will tell you that it is an ugly city as it was created as a mining city, but to me it is a beautiful city.  Not because of the scenery, but because of the people there and my friendships with them.  That being said here are some of the highlights of the city.

 
Sarah in front of the Tatabánya train station

 
Me on the Tatabánya bridge over the train tracks

 
I'm not sure if this is technically in Tatabánya or just on the mountain above it, but we'll include it for its beauty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment