Thursday, July 14, 2011

Prague Squares


Neither of these squares merited their own individual entry, so they will be combined into one.  The first is what is called the Old Town Square in Prague.  This is the main square in Prague, with the Town Hall and a couple churches, one of which we attended a concert at that night.  I may or may not have slept through parts of that concert.

 
View of the Tyn Church from the top of the Town Hall.

 
The astronomical clock on the Town Hall, which is the oldest working astronomical clock in the world, built in 1410.
I can't decide what is better, watching the clock when it goes off every hour, or watching the tourists watch the clock.

 
The other square - St. Wenceslas Square.
The picture wouldn't be complete without a protester in front of the statue.  The only problem is, most of the people taking pictures there have no idea what he is protesting, since it was written in Czech and tourists speak English.
Visiting this square also reminds me of when my mom almost fell victim to Prague's famous pick-pockets, if it wasn't for me and my dad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment